30 December 2009

THREE FEET OF SNOW!

So.. here's the line-up for awesome weather way up nawth... or as my amazing Knoxvillian cousins say "almost Canada":

Thursday - Snow
Friday - Snow
Saturday - Snow
Sunday - Snow
Monday - Snow
Tuesday - SUNNY (kinda)
Wednesday - Snow
Thursday - Snow
Friday - SUNNY

All in all, we're supposed to get between one to three, get this.. FEET of snow!!!

I'm happy.  I know a lot of people don't like snow.  I have friends who complain about it.  It's cold, it's wet, you have to shovel it, etc. etc. etc....

However, I am a huge fan of snow.  Driving in it is kind of fun (NOTE: if you live in Maine, please learn to drive in snow.... it is not necessary to go 25 MPH on the interstate), and it's gorgeous afterward.  Everything just shuts down (hopefully not the power, but even so) and it just feels like the world is on pause and we can breathe. 

It's the best time to get some coffee (or tea, or coco, whatever you're into), a good book, and just cuddle up and relax.  Some of my favorite memories are of my family just reading in the living room with candles lit and the wind howling outside.  Cribbage tournaments and whole books read in one sitting and quietness and laughter.  Wow I just said 'and' a lot.

Side-note... I was hoping to film my SK6ERS music video... video out in the snow with my brother.  So, hopefully we can do that this weekend. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment