09 December 2009

the indispensable calvin and hobbes

Random addition for the day 
becauseitsmyblogandicandowhatiwant :) 
I stole the majority of these off this blog

Calvin & Hobbes Quotes:


As a math atheist, I should be excused from this.
Reality continues to ruin my life.
To make a bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible.
My only regret is blowing the best day of my life while I’m so young
Weekends don’t count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless.
It’s psychosomatic. You need a lobotomy. I’ll get a saw.
“It seems like once people grow up, they have no idea what’s cool.”

In my opinion, we don’t devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks.
This one’s tricky. You have to use imaginary numbers, like eleventeen … 
I’m learning real skills that I can apply throughout the rest of my life … Procrastinating and rationalizing.
I’m not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information
 -------
Calvin : You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.
Hobbes : What mood is that?
Calvin : Last-minute panic.


H : “What are you doing?”
C : “Being cool.”

H : “You look more like you’re bored.”
C : “The world bores you when you’re cool.”



C: We are a fierce and dirty band of cut-throat pirates! Keep a sharp lookout matey, we dont want any sissy girls on our ship!”
H: “We dont like girls???”
C: “Of course not dummy, we’re a murderous bunch of pirates, remember?”
H: “Who do we smooch then?”


“Today for show and tell I've brought a tiny marvel of nature: a single snowflake. I think we might all learn a lesson from how this utterly unique and exquisite crystal.. ..turns into an ordinary boring molecule of water just like every other one when you bring it in the classroom. And now. While the analogy sinks in. I’ll be leaving you drips and going outside.”
- Calvin and Hobbes



“Somewhere in communist Russia I’ll bet there’s a little boy who has never known anything but CENSORSHIP and OPPRESSION. But maybe he’s heard about AMERICA, and he dreams of living in this land of FREEDOM and OPPORTUNITY! Someday, I’d like to meet that little boy… AND TELL HIM THE AWFUL TRUTH ABOUT THIS PLACE!!”
“Calvin, be quiet and eat the stupid lima beans.”

--------



<3

No comments:

Post a Comment