01 December 2009

I'm looking now at pictures of us

Blog Every Day December!!!

Just so everyone isn't confused (because I may have some new readers this time around), My titles are usually song lyrics from a random song off my iTunes or something that's been on my mind lately. I'll include the title and artist at the end of the post.


Now down to business...

I really wish there was some sort of device that could record my thoughts. I do my best thinking while driving and really wish I could remember everything. I was driving home from tennis about 20 minutes ago and was writing this blog in my head. It was wonderful, and now I cannot remember a word of what I was going to write.

Driving is also my favorite place to listen to music. Yesterday I was meeting some friends for a pizza/game night/birthday party and was a half hour early. I could have gone in but instead drove 15 minutes past the house into basically the middle of nowhere just to finish listening to the new Matt Wertz live album (which is fantastic by the way).

Sometimes it's difficult for me to explain why music is so important to me. My friends here, who I see all the time, don't really get how music is such a huge part of who I am. A few do (they're also musicians, so that's probably why), but the majority just see music as expendable. I had a friend yesterday say to me that they never really listened to the lyrics of any songs. The beat was all that mattered and they didn't have a favorite band or musician or anything. It seemed like, to them, music was just something that existed and was expendable. At least that was what I got. I probably had a more adverse reaction that was required, but it's difficult for me to hear that the music and lyrics that I cherish are not really being heard.

Every day lyrics and music are going around in my head. Whether it's just humming a song, or remembering lyrics that help me get through my day. I'll hear someone say part of a chorus in normal conversation (for example -- i wrote this time around earlier... which sent that song rolling through my brain), or just have a song pop into my brain. Whatever it is, I can never ever get music out of my life.

I am so happy to be able to listen to, appreciate, play music, and sing. If I lost any of these abilities I would truly be heart broken.

Does anyone else feel like this?

<3 Hold It Up -The Rocket Summer

1 comment:

  1. i totally get it, and i don't consider myself a musician. i learned a few instruments growing up, but nothing i ever took seriously or excelled at... but i totally get it.

    ReplyDelete