28 December 2009

new year's goals

As of today, I have exactly 6 months before Sam & Emily's wedding.  If you don't know, Sam and Emily are two of my best friends and this is going to be the most amazing wedding ever.  I'm one of Em's bridesmaids, which means bachelorette parties, tons of fun, and also wearing a pretty dress :)

Now, this dress situation poses an issue.  I have been trying to get healthier and lose some weight for some time now (seems like forever), but I think this wedding may be the push I need to eat healthier and work out more.  This can't be a casual "I'm going to try to be healthier when I can" kind of thing.  I have got to be serious.  I'm going to be working at least 55 hours a week during tax season and it's going to be so easy to just want to sit on my butt and veg out when I get home.  I cannot let myself do this.

So... you my friends are going to have to keep me in line.  I'm basically talking to Kateland, but everyone else here too.  We're going a sort of "biggest loser" thing on HNet in January, so I know I have a support group there. 

My Wii Fit is going to be my savior though...

Okay... so specific goals (because, as my father always says: "if you don't set goals, how will you know when you've reached them?")

  1. Sleep more: bedtime is 9:30pm 
    1. Get up earlier (5:30am) and eat breakfast before work
  2. Excercise EVERY DAY! 
    1. Use the Wii at least one hour a day-get a routine set up
    2. Go for walks outside when it's nice (preferably with mom)
  3. Eat healthier
    1. Bring lunch to work (and healthy snacks)
    2. NO MORE SODA
    3. Keep a food diary (I hate doing this FYI, but it's worked in the past, so I'll suck it up)
    4. TAKE YOUR VITAMINS! (I always always always forget this)

 Ok... lets do this...

Project "get sexy" has commenced :)

1 comment: