07 December 2009

and i just need to feel

and now, a two-day blog, because last night was awesome and today was boring

December 6th, 2009


Stephen Kellogg & The Sixers show day!!!!



     I went to church in the morning, I was still feeling pretty weird after the whole almost seeing Chris thing.  I'm kind of glad he wasn't there, but at the same time I wish I could have seen him.  It's just the whole first boyfriend thing... I don't know if I'll ever fully get over it, but I can try.  Either way, had a much needed talk with the Big Guy and felt a lot better.  
     I drove my brother to school and hung out with his roommates while I waited for Stephanie to get out of work (she works in his college's town).  She texted me and let me know she didn't feel well and wasn't going to come with.  
     So I went alone.  I wasn't upset, I actually had a really awesome time despite being at a venue I'd never been to before and being there alone.  I know it's kind of weird, but it seems that Hanson fans always have sort of a vibe around them.  I say this because I knew the 3 girls at the bar were Fansons the minute they walked in, and they're generally awesome people (especially when at shows--unless they're bitchy....which they weren't).
     So I made new friends and had an amazing night.  Small venues are amazing!  For the last song (before the encore) Stephen decided to bring the band into the crowd and play 'See You Later, See You Soon' which, though is not my absolute favorite Sk6ers song, has my favorite lyric.  I have this phrase on a sticky note at my desk at work, on a homemade Starbucks coffee mug, and on my white board at home.


Somewhere east of that solo and a little bit west of the bridge
was the singular kind of moment that you remember as long as you live.


Boots was also standing in front of me.... I think he's cute... I think it's the smile... I dunno.... 
:)

I had a smile on my face the entire time.  I have a favorite quote that seems to fit here... two quotes actually:


May you live all the days of your life -Jonathan Swift
If you smile when you're alone then you really mean it. -Andy Rooney


     Even though I was alone in the sense that I knew no one at the concert, I really felt like I was living.  I wasn't self-conscious (which is a big deal for me), I was just in the moment and experiencing something.  I wasn't taking pictures or anything, just being there, which was just perfect.And even though I wasn't technically alone, I wasn't smiling for anyone for me.  Sometimes you smile for other people.  Those smiles are different than when you smile when you're truly happy (like when you're alone).  It's the best kind of happiness when it's like that.
     After the show I literally ran into Stephen at the front of the venue, automatically asked "high-five?"   and he was like "yessss!"  High-fived me and gave me a huge hug, and we talked for a bit (he's super sweet).  He dragged me over to the merch table and said hi to the other guitar player (not Kit.. the other guy.. I forget his name).  I had a 2 hour drive home though... So I headed out.  


I'm not sure how I got home without falling asleep or going off the road.  It was scary
                                                                  Got home at 1am... woke up for work at 5:45am.....


December 7, 2009


I was tired... all day
Had a nice dinner with Nana though :)
I am going to sleep now :)


SUPER EXCITED TO WATCH THE GLEE FINALE AT A THEATER ON WEDNESDAY WITH BEEEEEBO!


<3


Song of the day: I have spread some love -Thieves and Villains  

2 comments:

  1. I would have loved to go, really. I love them, the one time I listened to them.

    I believe, they sang "time of my life" the dirty dancing song, the time I saw them and the 12 year old girls in front of me were all like "OMG its the song from that hotel commerical!!"

    and I was like "OMG it's the song from Dirty Dancing!"

    and they gave me the DIRTIEST look, and I said "Well, I'm more right."

    True story.

    See you Thursday? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually it's looking like Wednesday now. They're showing the finale of Glee at a movie theater in Mass, which would be so awesome to see. If it's really crappy driving I'll wait until Thursday though.

    ReplyDelete