04 January 2010

ok people....

2010 is here! And you know what that means!!! ..Well, you probably don't, but do not fear, I'm going to tell you! :)

Resolutions that will be kept (because they are completely do-able and semi-vague and I like them):
1. Blog once a week
2. Continue with project "get sexy" (see previous post)
3. Sleep more, procrastinate less, read more, and whine less
4. Re-Design http://www.youtube.com/ilessthanthreeyouu
5. Make better content for noted YouTube site. :)

So... 3 of the 5 are internet related, but seeing as I truly enjoy blogging, and designing, and vlogging/editing video, that's okay with me.

I should be doing other things right now (like working), but lately I've felt like my career is boring. Not in the sense that as a profession overall the field of accounting is boring (which it kind of is to most people), just that what I do every day is boring. I miss talking to customers and solving the million problems that come up every day at our family business, and seeing my family, and yadda yadda.... At the same time I am hesitant to leave my job because, lets face it, it's so difficult to find a job right now. I have dreams to move away and start over (Nashville calls my name daily), but I've seen my friends do this, and they're homesick, lonely, miserable, and eventually crawl back home defeated.

Basically, I've followed the rules my whole life, and now I'm beginning to think that maybe following all the rules has gotten me stuck. No one is limiting me in what I can do but me (and my family, but that's another blog).

On a completely different topic, I've been reading a lot more blogs lately (mainly JeffreySelf, AlanDistro, and hfrees), and I think this is how I'm going to get my need for writing out. Writing a 50,000 word novel in a month (national novel writing month, or NaNoWriMo was in November) failed miserably for me, but this I can do and be creative without all the constraints of fiction or plot or theme.

I learn a lot from blogging, which I didn't expect.
I learn a lot about myself, which I really didn't expect.

I like it
that is all

peace, love, and fireproof marshmallows
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment