08 January 2010

Community

Why is it so wrong to be passionate about something?  Are people just too scared to show their differences?  The people who are truly passionate about what they do, their work, their interests, hobbies are the people who inspire me most.  It's exhausting hiding all these different parts of myself.  I'm tired of acting cool and I just want to be me.  The only times I feel that I can are around people who don't live remotely close to me.  The biggest thing that bothers me in this sense is Hanson, just because it's just seems so taboo to like them in today's society. 

I suppose that's why I like YouTube so much.  I can be myself, I can create something, I can edit out what I don't like and add in more of what I do.  The Nerdfighter community is so amazing just in the fact that people aren't shunned for having different interests or passions.  I have this friend who lives in California.  Her name is Tiffany.  On a Skype chat a few months ago we were just chatting, saying hi and such.  On my videos I don't try to hide that I like Hanson, though it's not really a main topic.  When I started YouTube I decided that I was going to be myself and if people accepted me for it, then yay!  If not, that was fine too, but I wasn't going to try and put on a show.  Anyway, Tiff told me out of the blue that though she didn't really like their music, she admired how much I enjoyed them.  It's things like that that I truly appreciate and I am so glad that I've found a community where I am fully accepted.  Who would have ever though that I could make some of my best friends in the world over the internet?  Between HNet and YouTube, I have such a support system.  The majority of people I talk to everyday I have never met. 

So, Thanks go out to you all.

<3


"I mean, people that listen to Howard Stern don't really take s*** from anybody, and that's the way I feel like Hanson fans are." -Zac Hanson 

No comments:

Post a Comment